Tuesday, September 21

He's growing, I'm shrinking

One week ago our guy weighed nine pounds, 4 ounces. He is getting so big! We love his double chin, little rolls on his legs, and he even had a little man boob roll. We are so proud of him. Isn't he handsome?


We signed up for a program called Parents as Teachers. An educator comes to our home once a month to discuss the developmental stage Stu is in and how to maximize his learning during that time. We learned his eyes are changing and developing very rapidly. We made the little "book" of black and white images to simulate his eyes and maximize their development. He loves to look at it.

We put him on his tummy every day so he can develop his muscles and spine, and he rolls over a lot.

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Holy Moly!!! He is big just since I saw him last week! I need to come over again! I feel like I am missing him growing up! HAHA

Scott and Karin said...

My beautiful Amanda! It has been so long! I've planned on coming to your differing showers...and some family thing comes up every time! Stuart is BEAUTIFUL! And I'm so impressed that you birthed him naturally...I haven't had the guts to do that yet. I'm sure you love being a mommy, it's the best thing in the world! If you ever want to check out our blog it's redhottaco.blogspot.com. I miss you and love you and will see you SOMETIME, I promise!

Karin

The Lowe's Journey Together! said...

Aww Amanda!! I can't wait to meet him!! He is SO cute :) I am so happy for you, and you make me excited to start a family soon too!! Loved your story of how he came too!! So happy for you and Jared! Love you both!!

Malea said...

Oh my goodness, he's getting so big! I love those cheeks. Can't wait to see you Conference weekend so I can snuggle him!

Jenn said...

Yay for growing babies and shrinking mama's.

da Mamma said...

He sure has changed from a skinny newborn to a healthy rolly-polly boy! You are doing a great job, Manie and Jared. I miss you all so much! Thanks so much for the pics! Love, Mom Grma