Friday, October 15

Rexburg is such a funny place

So I was walking home from class just a few minutes ago and I realized that something was different. Apparently we are now depending on tax dollars to tell us to look both ways before crossing the street - even in a crosswalk.


But even with this new development, I realized that it wasn't every crosswalk on my way home. It was only in the ones near campus - NOT in the residential area. So it seems that it isn't necessarily little kids that need this reminder, but the big kids. The ones who are too distracted by texting, listening to their iPods, or playing a game on their smartphones. (I wish I had a smartphone :( Maybe Christmas?) I think the saddest part about this is that it might actually improve the conditions around here. I'll leave you to your own conclusions.

1 comment:

The Lowe's Journey Together! said...

Oh Boy!! That is SO funny!! But I totally understand!! It seems that all the college students are guilty of that.. and sad that there has to be reminders on the ground for them to look!!!