.... and women. We have had a lot of fun the last 2 weekends making and decorating gingerbread men and sharing them with various friends, coworkers, and neighbors. Jared wanted to make them (and both times he did; I just cut and decorated) because of an Ondricek family tradition he grew up doing. His family always makes gingerbread men at the beginning of December and then wraps them in a long strand of plastic wrap, each one separated by a bow. They drape the long strand of plastic wrap with all the gingerbread over the front door, inside their home. When a visitor comes by, they cut off one cookie in the plastic wrap for the visitor to take home with them. That is a beautiful family tradition we have begun to adopt. Thanks Mom and Dad O.! That embodies the family memories and friendly giving that makes December special. I love the goodness of that tradition, both good tasting and good spirited. :)
Thanks to the Perry's for joining us. They are so much fun!
3 comments:
so, If I want one I need to visit you? :)
cute tradition
Great tradition. We haven't done it for awhile! Maybe you should make some extras and send them to us. :)
Hey Amanda, hope you don't mind that I found your blog. I just wanted to say that I LOVE that family tradition. Looks like you guys are doing great and so happy :)
Post a Comment