Thursday, April 14

Lent observance failure

My attempt to abstain from dairy has miserably failed. I did well for about a week. Then I had to try the brie and chutney. Then Jared and I had a get away weekend, and I had to try the Greek & Moroccan restaurant. That of course includes feta. Then there was the day I was on my way home from a friend's and had a long drive ahead of me. What better treat than a free junior frosty to tide me over? I didn't even THINK about there being dairy in it until Jared pointed it out much later. Duh.

Unfortunately, the same unwanted consequences followed my eating dairy products. My belly aches, my bowels ache, my head aches, my ears and throat ache, and my poor baby aches. He spits up more when I eat dairy. I really need to learn self control.

So, I here confess my sins and deepest failure in my attempt to give up something that I know is harming my body. The good news is that I am more self aware. Duly noted: I suck at abstaining from dairy...

4 comments:

Malea said...

Oh Manie, you're too hard on yourself! You're not a failure if you keep trying. ILY!

Deborah said...

I sure love you! AAAAAAND I miss you!

Scott and Karin said...

I would suck at avoiding dairy! Though I have come to like soy milk over regular milk.

da Mamma said...

Manie, I am so proud of you for trying! Just keep trying..just keep trying.