Thursday, May 19

Trust


I have been listening to both old and new broadcasts of General Conference this week, while taking care of things around the house. I just listened to one by an apostle of Jesus Christ, namely Henry B. Eyring. This part motivated me to act more quickly on the inspiration I receive:

If you trust God enough to listen for His message in every sermon, song, and prayer in this conference, you will find it. And if you then go and do what He would have you do, your power to trust Him will grow, and in time you will be overwhelmed with gratitude to find that He has come to trust you.

What a thought! That the very God of heaven and earth, the creator of all living, the Father of all mankind could trust me! Wow. What an honor worth acting upon.

I'm doing my best. In the last few months there have been many, many moments to act upon inspiration. Some I have acted upon quickly, some I have eventually gotten to, and other thoughts I ignored and missed a great opportunity. With the success comes confidence, and with the failures come regret, repentance, and motivation to be courageous. I must. Because like the prophet Spencer W. Kimball said, "It is a greater compliment to be trusted than it is to be loved."

4 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I love truth. Thanks for sharing it! =)

Scott and Karin said...

Awesome! I used that quote for the sisters in our ward a little while ago. It is something that I have come to feel. We have been given so much! And why? Because our Father trusts us to do something about it!

Deborah said...

I love you AND trust you! But what a great message! thanks for sharing!

da Mamma said...

Wow, that is an awesome truth; that God in heaven trusts us. We need to live worthy of it. Thank you so much for sharing, Manie! Love you, Mom