Wednesday, January 16

motherhood

source
The weight of motherhood both presses down on my shoulders and keeps my feet on solid ground.

Some days I want to be selfish and run off to live a life all my own, and not for anyone else. Those days are my most miserable. I do often need a break to regain strength and fill my cup full once again. I don't need those days as often as I complain that I do.

But then other days I give all the love I have and thank God for these precious souls He has given me to raise. Those days I count my own blessings instead of counting everyone else's. On those days motherhood is most rewarding. Today was one of those days, despite the guy's constant runny nose or the lady's short naps. It was still a most rewarding day to be a mother.

No comments: