The guy learns so much so fast that I can hardly keep up.
A few weeks ago he started saying "what the heck?!" so I need to pay more attention to what I say. He remembers names, characters and lyrics after one introduction and talks about it the rest of the day. One day he talked about "Oscar's worm" for hours after watching his first episode of Sesame Street. Another day it was the happy birthday song. He sang it all day to everyone and anything.
He regularly bursts into song unprompted by us. His favorites include Nephi's Courage, ABC's, Trying to be like Jesus, Row Your Boat, Ding Dong the Witch is Dead, Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah, and Ring Around the Rosies.
His imagination is really taking off. He plays all household activities with his stuffed bears. He named one Bear Louis Ondricek.
![]() |
| Going in the snow with Bear |
![]() |
| washing hands with "Pooh, Tigger and Bear" |
![]() |
| Bear in his new underwear |
Not to mention it is potty training central over here! The guy has been a great teacher to his bear. Together they are learning to go in the potty. S gets one m&m for actually going in the potty and two for staying dry. So far so good. The first day we went through all 6 pairs of training pants by noon, but he gets it and is very excited about it. Especially since Bear is involved. He goes on the potty and gets treats just like his mentor. :)
![]() |
| He is more and more independent - peeling his onion for dinner |









1 comment:
Potty Training?! Oh my heavens, I remember when he was a newborn and you guys stayed at my house. This is just nuts. He looks so fun, and it looks like he tries to be a good helper. Awesome. I hope things are going okay with L. I have been thinking about you and how hard things have been.
Post a Comment