Monday, March 21

Tribute to Mom O.

It's easy to go on and on about my immediate family, but I have neglected someone very important. My mother-in-law deserves at least her own post! Jared, S and I also recently visited the Ondricek's and had a wonderful, relaxing time. This is the guy enjoying the snuggles and giggles of his sweet grandma O.
Here are just a few of her gifts off my never-ending list that this incredible woman has contributed to my life:
  • encouragement to read out of the best books
  • books that arrive in my mail all the time
  • unwavering optimism
  • laughs during the good and the bad
  • example of a POWERHOUSE of a house keeper
  • a lioness leader of the Gospel
  • faith and belief in my abilities as mother and wife
  • tears shed when she met her first grandson - a moment I will never forget
  • welcoming me into a new family
  • conservative, timeless values
  • willingness to be unconventional and experimental
  • teaching my husband to work hard
  • never giving up on those who struggle
  • the gift of quilting and sewing
  • acting on every thought to lift and serve
  • the gift of travel and adventure, no matter the inconvenience
  • teaching her kids to prepare their own meals
  • instilling a love of music in her children
  • the need to improve and challenge oneself more
  • educating her children in the importance of education
  • patience in the face of insults and childishness
  • the ability to conquer over all her foes and setbacks
Mom O: Here's to the trillion million more moments, memories, lessons, and laughs together. I look forward to eternity with you and your family!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So thoughtful and nice of you to share all of these things with us. Wish I knew her better.

da Mamma said...

Manie, I love this woman too. She is amazing and we love Ann Marie so much!