Monday, July 18

Curious Kid

A couple weeks ago we visited the in-laws in Jersey. We completely forgot to take our port-a-crib for Stu, so we improvised by creating a soft corner in Aunt Mary's room. For his afternoon nap, he laid on a futon with lots of stacked pillows on 2 sides and the walls and a dresser on the other. He was quiet and assumed sleeping. When I checked on him 40 minutes later he was in the center of the room, on his belly under the legs of a music stand, playing with pens and paper. Silly kid.

Plan B. We put the futon in the guest bedroom corner where the bed, bookshelves, and a bench on it's side were supposed to keep him safe. They did, but he still explored his new territory. I later checked to see if he was sleeping. I found this delightful sight:

"But mom, I just wanted to crochet like you and daddy."

1 comment:

da Mamma said...

I love them at this age! He is so animated and doggone happy! You must be doing something right! Lots of things, I'm sure! What's he eating these days? I want to see him crawling... Send another video will you? Thanks!