Tuesday, September 20

I married a good man!

It's raining again this morning. My better half took our only umbrella to work. He needs it more than I do. Why don't we have a second umbrella? you ask. Because my husband is a generous man.



A while back we went downtown to be part of the Lupus Walk with some friends. We took our 2 umbrellas because it was a very rainy day. We took the metro downtown and on the elevator up to the street we met a family of four. Mom, dad, toddler in a stroller, and infant strapped to mom. They were visiting from across the country to see DC. And they had no umbrellas. As we got off the elevator and walked away, the family stayed under the elevator overhang deciding how to proceed. Jared turned back and offered them his umbrella. I'm sure their day was better. Jared is just that kind of good man who offers to help, gives what he can give, and makes you laugh along the way.
I'm so glad you're mine, Jared! Thanks for being a giver!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

What a sweet man! You did get a good one.

Malea said...

True that.

Jenn said...

We like him too.