Thursday, October 13

Ideas for DIY

Any ideas from the many crafty people I know? How do I make this both more attractive and more useful? I don't have any mini porcelain figurines to justify just hanging it on the wall.


Thank so much!!

7 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I will be thinking.. but.. my first thought is that you can spray paint that and any other wood furniture you have if you would like it, or them a different color. I go get frames at DI and spray paint them. It works fantastic to make gallery walls for cheap, and spray paint is cheap and looks good. If I think of any other ideas (other than color change) I will let you know!

Tara said...

You should definately paint it and if you really want to hang it on the wall you can put family pictures and other sentimental things in it... Sort of like a shadow box, but more visually appealing...

Stephanie Lindsey said...

I would spray paint!! I love spray paint! I would do black and then add color through the items you put in it. I would probably hang it or set it on the ground against a wall if you have a good place for it. On the shelves, you could put candles, frames, these crafty balls in a vase (http://www.landeeseelandeedo.com/2011/05/thumbtack-vase-fillers.html), and books (I know your love for books)!!!

Tinker said...

I like Stephanie's idea about spray painting it black. Then think of it as a giant shadow box. With little hands at your house, I'd mount it somehow on the wall

Jenn said...

slip it in a drawer and use it as an organizer.

Anonymous said...

fill it with video games :)

da Mamma said...

So, Amanda, what did you end up doing with it?