Thursday, March 15

Pi Day

Yesterday was Pi Day.
3.14
Also known as PIE day. My college roommate (who studied math education) always enjoyed a pie party every March 14th. And I happened to marry the Pi King. After Jared memorized 100 digits of the number Pi for a high school talent show [EDIT (Jared): I memorized approximately 180 digits for Pi Day for Mr. Whitehead's 9th grade Algebra II class which was an excuse to have a holiday more than anything at the time.  Since no one else tried to memorize pi for our class competition, I won!  And the part about them parading me around the school to random English, Biology, and Gym classes is completely accurate.  All 4 years of high school.  Oddly enough, no one ever made fun of me for it, and to this day I get emails/Facebook posts around this time of year about how they remember that.], his peers paraded him from class to class to recite it for the students every March 14th. LOVE Jared and his amazing mind. Just brilliant.

Well, I made a blackberry pie yesterday. Not because I remembered it was Pi day. But because I wanted this pie my friend shared on her food blog. Thank you Adrienne. It WAS pie nirvana. Not to mention I baked with and learned about vanilla beans for the first time. I love learning. Did you know that the vanilla bean is the second most expensive spice (below saffron) because the vanilla pod takes 10 years to fully mature? Wow.

When a friend came over in the evening she pointed out that it was Pi day. What a delightfulcoincidence! Thanks for reminding me, Lisa.


Come on over if you want a piece. Come quickly. It won't last long. :)

2 comments:

Lisa & Joel said...

No problem. :) it was DELISH!

B said...

Whoa! Any left?