Friday, April 27

Happy birthday Deborah!

To my dearest Deborah Diane,

Happy birthday, love. I am so sorry it is weeks late. Lame. I know.

Deborah, I am so glad that you were born. If you were not my life would be missing so much love, laughter, and learning. Thank you for being my friend from my first awkward moments in the SW program. I needed your friendship and you gave it so willingly. Thank you for sitting next to me, giggling with me and studying with me. Thank you for teaching me about forgiveness, compassion, and acceptance. Thank you for sharing your passion for adoption, counseling, and beauty. I know you are only like a minute younger than me, but being with you keeps me young. Younger than I would be otherwise. Thank you for celebrating my successes and for mourning my losses. Thank you for loving my family. Thank you for going on adventures with me. I may have missed Brittany's wedding if you weren't around. Thank you for giving me rides and calls and visits to VA when I so needed them. Thank you for inviting me to be with you in the temple. Thank you for sharing your spirit, passions, jokes, family, love, and snuggles with me. I love you and am so privileged to be your friend. Happy (belated) birthday, love!!

1 comment:

B.Sue said...

Dear best friends,
i love you both so dang much!!! and miss you! i am so greatful for your friendship!!!!!!!!!!!! and happy belated birthday Deborah :)
LOVE YOU!