Monday, July 16

Happy Birthday, Jared!!

You'd think I would be more on top of posting about birthdays when it is my own beloved we just celebrated, but alas. I am still fashionably very late. : /

I can't even begin to describe what emotions I felt as we celebrated Independence Day and Jared's birthday. I am so overcome with love and gratitude for this man. Thinking about our little girl's upcoming birth, Jared's mom and her anticipation of birth 27 years ago, wishing she could celebrate with us, complete awe that Jared is my husband and that this is actually my incredible life..... All these feelings and more. 




















Our birthday celebrations included:

  • buttermilk pancake breakfast
  • morning spent with our lovelies, Charles, Mara and Martha visiting from CA
  • homemade (to die for) carrot cake and homemade vanilla ice cream shared with neighbors and friends. Recipe courtesy of my sister. Gracias, Marsh!!
  • frugal dinner at home
  • snuggles and movies
  • birthday sign up all week
  • bits of love from family over the phone





It was quite quiet and it made me think we are getting old. Maybe. Happy to be home and calm. Jared's laid back like that. 

Jared knows how I feel about him, but in case the rest of you don't, here are some of my birthday wishes:
Jared, thank you for being born and sharing the last four years of your incredible life with me! My life dreams have come true and they would not be so wonderful without you working and making my paradise a reality. Thank you for your work, your goals, your love, your humor, your sacrifice, your patience, your humility, your flexibility, your strength, your growth, your tenderness, and all the years of birthdays that I will get to celebrate you. I celebrate you everyday. You are the best part of everyday. I love you so much it aches. Thank you for choosing me. 

No comments: