Sunday, September 2

Poisoned!

A few weeks ago I had a great idea - I'll weed the backyard while my wife is in Utah at her sister's wedding!  There were a few obstacles however.  For instance, the jungle had eaten our lawn mower.
Lawn mower in the jungle
After I courageously battled my way through the underbrush and rescued my only weapon against the foliage I was finally able to tame the grass.  Yet there was still an overabundance of plants that the previous owners had planted that were dead and plenty of weeds.

Poison ivy!
So I knew exactly what to do.  Put some gloves on and go to work.  It was hot outside so I had a t-shirt on, but I put some gloves on and started pulling until I had conquered about 3/4 of the yard.  Fast forward two days and I woke up with a horrible rash on my arms where they had been exposed.
My poison ivy rash
It looked worse in person - and got worse for about a week before sloooooooowly going away until now, more than three weeks from "First Contact", it has faded to almost non-existence, but will probably still be there for a few more days.  And now I know without a doubt what poison ivy looks like!

1 comment:

Lisa & Joel said...

Oh, man! Well, at least you tamed the beast, right? Good hubby! A+ for you!!