Saturday, February 9

Baptism

Baptism is the theme in our house these last couple weeks. The guy has taken learning to a new level if I am ready to dive deep into topics that interest him in that moment. Right now is the moment for BAPTISM!

It started with attending four baptisms since Christmas. He loves to watch and quietly observes it all. One sister in the ward asked what drug I slipped him before the baptism to make him sit so quietly. The answer? Nothing. He can be very observant when he wants to be.

Then we watched the Bible video of Jesus' baptism. We now watch it at least three times every day, per his request. It is simple and comes straight from the accounts in the KJV. He loves it.

Next, we started listening to the primary song "Baptism" and he's learned some of the words.



We explained in Family Home Evening that when he is big like his cousin Pierce he will get baptized too. And when he is big like his cousin Braden he can receive the Priesthood. And when he is even bigger like Uncle Matt, he can baptize other people. We also read a book called White Shirts about the white shirts he wears at his baby blessing, baptism, in the temple, etc. He is like a sponge, soaking it all up.

Since he talks about Jesus getting baptized every single day, I asked him if he wanted to share in Sacrament meeting at church last Sunday what he's learned. The meeting is like open mic when we come fasting and can share our testimonies of the Gospel. I know testimonies grow the more we live the truth and the more we share it. So, I asked if he wanted to share. And he said yes! It was so tender to hear his timid voice share a simple truth that Jesus got baptized by John the Baptist. That was about it, but it was sweet.

Then, out of nowhere he started baptizing his animals. At first I thought he was raising his hand to be called on, but no. He was acting like John the Baptist. Or as he likes to call him, John the Baptized.

"in the water...."

"Jesus came.... the sheep get baptized."


It is moments like these that I wish never ended. 

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love this! He is too cute! PS> you switched your house around!

Adrienne said...

I love this. Connor and Lily have the same fascination with the Bible video of Jesus being baptized. And they baptize each other in the tub.

Heidi Valente said...

Children are so special. I love that you share these things. It's beautiful.