This date was long over due, but my man sure delivered. It was a surprise and the only clues I got ahead of time where 1) Jared was wearing jeans and a collared shirt, 2) they might have to kick us out, and 3) there would be only finger foods to eat. What?
He took me to a beautiful winery with a free concert! We have been wanting to take a tour of a local winery for years. Literally years. We finally got to walk around the grounds and enjoy the earthy smells and sights of the only winery in our county. My favorite part - the band. My man knows I LOVE live music. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Luckily, purchasing wine was not required for free entry because we don't drink! That's why Jared thought we might get kicked out. Taking our money in exchange for yummy cheese, sausage, and crackers was good enough for them. They let us stay. Phew.
![]() |
| The only improvement - dancing with my mister. If only he had agreed to take a chance. :) |
![]() |
| Where are all the grapes you ask? In the other fields. Oops. |
On the way back we stopped to explore Historic Clifton. Wow, it felt like we left NoVA and went back in time. This quaint downtown spot stole both our hearts.
And the best part of all - dessert. Ice cream at Peterson's. I cannot even begin to explain the palpable cuteness of the ambiance here. I tried, but the camera adds 10 pounds of "meh." It was so cute that we vowed to make a tradition of bringing the kids here. It is a TRAY-SHURE.
![]() |
| can you tell we had a blast and thought we were so cool? |
![]() |
| I heart him!! |
And I have to just finish with this. Their Almond Joy ice cream blend is so much better than the candy bar. I love coconut and almonds! My mister set the bar pretty high for my date next time. I have got to search high and low to find a treasure like this to share with him. THANK YOU MY LOVE! And thanks to Jess for taking good care of our REAL treasures back at home. Such a good babysitter!
If any locals have suggestions for me for hot spots to share with Jared when I plan a date, let me know. Preferably in private so I can surprise him. ;)



















1 comment:
Now, that's a creative date. Way to go, Jared. Manie, that will take sometime to beat that one! But you can find something he will like... I love you guys. I love you even more, Jared, if it's possible. You are so wonderful for our girl! Love, Mom
Post a Comment