Can I just brag for a moment about my man? I am so proud of him! He graduated last month with is master's in computer science from George Washington University. Yay! "Let's here for the boy!"
This alone would be so praise worthy. But he received this master's degree while working full time, going from 1 to 2 kids, raising those kids with me, teaching several sections of an online CS class, using public transit over hundreds of hours, preparing and teaching a couple classes at his employer, serving at church each week, and putting up with my constant home improvement projects. Some semester he was stretched thinner than others, but he never ceased to amaze me with his balance and prioritizing. Congratulations, my love!!!
![]() |
| my (mildly crazy) hero! |
The first day of GWU graduation celebrations, included a detour to the white house with an out-of-town visitor. Lucky us, we arrived in time to enjoy the protest again President Obama. I'm grateful we live in a country with freedom of speech, assembly, protest and reform. On this particular day, a group of what looked like mostly military veterans protested Obama's leadership.
These two cuties were not protesting, but were just happy to be in the Nation's Capital.
![]() |
| When S asked what the crowd was doing there, I tried my best to explain. It was NOT an easy task for me. He had some extremely tough and good questions about these folks we saw. |
Then the next day was the big commencement on the NATIONAL MALL. How cool is that? Who else gets to graduate on the National Mall?
We took the Metro in to DC with Nate and Sara, and were inexplicably grateful to have Jared's siblings' support that day. They came from not-so-close locales, and I was extremely thankful for their sacrifice and support on this very important day.
![]() |
| Didn't I marry into a good-looking family? THANK YOU FOR COMING, NATE AND SARA!! |
![]() |
| "Yay for daddy!" |
Behind the stage was the Washington Monument, although no visible in the bright morning sunshine here.
And behind us was the Lincoln Memorial.

![]() |
| our excellent view of the goings-on |
I am so proud of my mister. He has worked hard and made his whole family proud. I'm sure his mom would have loved to be there to see her oldest son earn the first Master's degree in the family. I like to think she was there in spirit, looking down and cheering him from Heaven. But we were definitely there to cheer him in person. I love you, Jared. I'm grateful you're on my team.


















1 comment:
Jared, we are also very proud of you and what you have accomplished for yourself and your family. We were there in spirit. Manie, thank you for sharing the day in pictures with us! Love you all! Mom and Dad S.
Post a Comment