Saturday, March 12

Repentance and Lent

First, I regret and ask forgiveness from my 9 followers for not writing more often. Moving to a new apartment and setting up a home out of chaos has dominated my time lately. That and catching almost the entirety of Psych's season 4.




Second, my friend, Deborah Diane has inspired me to observe Lent this year. On Ash Wednesday I was in Manhattan visiting my parents and little sister, and saw dozens of Christians walking the streets of New York City with ash crosses on their foreheads and I loved it! They gave me hope that people DO observe and live their religions through tradition and worship. Today I join the ranks (albeit late) and "take up my cross" in preparation of Easter.


My sacrifice: dairy. Usually I don't eat a lot of dairy anyway. I don't drink milk or eat yogurt. Butter: I could take it or leave it. The biggest challenges for the next 40days will be ice cream (when it is in my own freezer) and cheese. Pizza is a treat in our house, but not for a while! Wish me good luck!


Fatty me in Chicago, deep dish style

2 comments:

Scott and Karin said...

If you were watching Psych, you are completely forgiven. I too find myself watching endless hours of "Whaaaat?"

Deborah said...

Oh Psych, how I love you! Um, and I can't figure out how to follow your blog. HA I should know how to do this by now.....