Wednesday, February 1

Happy Birthday, Amy Jo!


As I started this post, I realized I don't have any of my own digital pictures of Amy! What?! It has been a while since we've been together. Living across the country will do that.

So I started looking at my old pictures to scan and WOW! What treasures I found! First of all, blast from the past. Second, we were such dorks and I was much skinnier. Amy, however, is timeless. She hasn't aged at all. In fact, she got skinnier over the years. You go girl! And I forgot how many joyful memories I have with this amazing, talented woman. She and I were just giggle buddies back in the day, but she has grown up to be a very talented photographer and entrepreneur. (<--check out her work!) Not to mention, a world traveler! So incredible!


This first beauty from 2000 is me, Amy, and Jenna Molyneux (who is also below). I think this was just after Jenna and I had performed in a stake original musical called "With Sincere Heart".


This is at Amy Jo's house, where I jumped for hours on her trampoline. They don't call it the splits for nothing, because I eventually SPLIT my pants open!



Evidence of our dorkdom. Just before a school dance, we were practicing our moves at her house....



Eating out with Camila while Amy visited my mother-land: Maryland. And her loves of traveling begins. . .



Another school dance. We didn't have men, so we went together. Who needs a date when you've got her? SO much fun!



Some adventure while in MD



And of course, Girl's Camp. Can you find us? I'm the one perched on her back! She's the grand kind of friend who is willing to carry her loved ones' burdens. Even if that means literally carrying them on her back. :) Thumbs up!


I really treasure Amy Jo. Thank you, Amy, for sticking by me during the most difficult years of my life. For giving me joy and laughter and love. Thank you for expecting goodness from me and accepting me in spite of me. Thank you for making me feel welcome as I've reached out through the years. Thank you for sharing your home and extra bed with me, Jared and Stuart. Thank you for inspiring me to create. Thank you for taking me around the world in your pictures. And thank you for being born. I am SO glad that happened. Happy birthday, dear-y. I love you!


2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

This is seriously one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. It truly touched my heart. THANK YOU!! I miss you like crazy, I just want us to be fun moms who get together and let our kids play while we chat and laugh. I can't wait for that to happen. Thank you, thank you, thank you.. this is seriously the nicest thing that happened for my birthday. I am SO SO blessed you are one of my dearest friends!

Amy Jo said...

P.S., Do you remember during that girls camp you gave me a little baby bib that said "Caution, I throw food" and you gave Jenna one that said "Grandma loves me" (or something like that?) I have it in my scrapbook. :)