Wednesday, February 15

Happy Birthday, Jenn!

I have been so busy with traveling, visiting family, house hunting, and our dying computer that I have not posted about anything. Sorry. Not to mention, all my pictures of the BIRTHDAY GIRL are lost in the abyss of the computer. Sorry, but this is all I could get my hands on. Although, she is stunning, isn't she?
This week, my tribute is to my favorite Jennifer! This sister-in-law is more like a sister than an in-law. Jenn first joined our family almost 12 years ago, but has watched me grow up since years before the wedding. She has contributed to my development and learning just as much as my sisters have during these last couple decades. I love you, Jenn!

I admire so many of her strengths. When I think of Jenn I think of boldness, health, thrift, honesty, and faith. I can count on Jenn to tell me the truth, tell me clearly, and know that she speaks out of love. Some of the most difficult truths have come from Jenn and yet from them came the greatest growth and self-awareness. I can call on Jenn for health suggestions and the latest deals. She loves and listens to her body and has helped me do the same with mine. She knows where to find a sweet bargain and has saved our family hundreds of dollars with her resourcefulness and generosity. She is what author Malcolm Gladwell calls a maven: an information specialist and one who gathers information, especially about the marketplace. A maven might also be "pathologically helpful." Jenn can't help herself when it comes to helping others find a good deal. My wallet and my husband are very grateful for this strength of hers too.

Finally, I thoroughly admire Jenn's faith. She doesn't give in to the pressure and norms of a worldly environment just to neglect her values. I know from timeless encounters that Jenn will give up the ghost before she will doubt in her Lord's power or give up on His promises. I expect to see her physically move a mountain one day. Her faith is that great.
Thank you, Jenn. Just keep being you. It makes my brother happy and I adore all your children. I love you. Happy birthday!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Thank you Amanda. You made me laugh and cry. I love you too. I have also learned so much from you and continue to grow because you're in my life.