Dear friends and family,
Many of you have heard this exciting news already. In case you have not yet, Jared and I are expecting baby #2! Stuart is going to be a big brother!

I've tried to explain it to Stu, but it will make more sense as it gets closer, I'm sure. I also keep trying to explain it to Jared, but....
just kidding. :)
Baby #2 is expected at the VERY end of September. Maybe even the beginning of October. That makes me 13 weeks pregnant. I am hopefully coming out of that weak and sickly time. The last few weeks have been rough at times. I've found that as I stay hydrated, eat whole foods and satisfying natural fats I feel healthy and strong.
However. just a few days ago we had a delicious dinner of pinto bean tacos on hard shells with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa and avocado. I really liked it. Even after smelling the beans cook in seasonings all afternoon. A rarity these days. As we finished up, Stu wanted a sip from Jared's glass. Jared said, "Stu, are you going to add floaties to my water?" That was it. That was all it took for me to lose it. And my dinner was gone. Never to come back. I returned from the bathroom and was so mad I lost my precious dinner. When I told my mom, she laughed for 5 minutes straight about the simplicity of Jared's comment. She was laughing so hard I though SHE might lose her last meal. :) What a volatile world to live in. When a comment about backwash wastes a perfectly good meal.
It is all worth it. This little one joining our family is well worth it. Bring it on: morning sickness, weight gain, clothing discomfort, not sleeping on my belly, more sitting down, smelling EVERYTHING, middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks, tears, vomit, kicks in the ribs, huge belly. BRING IT.
As long at it comes with naps, TLC from my mister, fluttering and amniotic somersaults, encouraging compliments, Hypnobabies, midwives, and a baby that's ours, then BRING IT ON. I'm ready and looking forward to a second beautiful birth. Thank you God for our growing family.
5 comments:
LOVE!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you Amanda! Your posts are so touching and inspiring. I laughed AGAIN when I read about your experience. I don't know why it's so funny to me. I guess I can just relate. You are a beautiful pregnant lady! Joy, joy, joy! Love you, Mom
HOORAY!!! Come on, give birth on the 26th.
That is so exciting. It is always fun to try and explain the to little ones. I love the story about backwash. I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment