Thursday, December 6

Capturing December: shopping

Today's theme is shopping. HA! I don't shop. Hardly at all. All year long. I buy food. That's about it. So, of course I haven't bought much of anything for Christmas. One year I drew or painted a picture for everyone in my family. Another year I wrote them all a personal poem. Other years I crocheted scarves or sewed quilts. I am just not a great gift giver in all the conventional ways. But when I give gifts, they are homemade and lovely. However, I don't have the time, money or energy to be on top of gifts this year. But my awesome neighbor has bought lots of presents and gets boxes on her doorstep almost daily. 

This is my participation in shopping: I took one of my neighbor's big boxes and the guy and I made a Christmas box fort. 
1. I poked holes in the sides and top with scissors

2. The guy got in the dark, empty box

3. He watched it light up as I put the bulbs in one by one.

4. When he got sick of that he came out and helped me put them in the holes

5. We eventually cut a door on one side
Voila! IF I had gone shopping and had a bunch of big boxes, this is one thing I would have done with them. Thanks, Shan, for the box!

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

What a fantastic idea!!!