Happy birthday Dad O! Dad, I love you because you gave life to the most amazing husband on the earth (my husband) but I also appreciate you aside from him. Thank you for being quirky, self-accepting, and unique. It gives me permission to me quirky, self-accepting and unique when we are together. I know you love and accept people wherever they may be on their life-long journey. And in your somber moments you have amazing capacity to teach truth and exemplify powerful Priesthood leadership. Thank you. I love you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy birthday Camila! What a wretched friend I have been to this loyal and forgiving woman in my life. We have known each other since middle school and she has always been there in the milestone moments of my life. Camila, you flew out to see me in UT after I moved. Not once, but TWICE! Thank you. You wrote to me faithfully. When we were in middle school you came over after school to hang out, and I fell asleep! Blame it on those teen years of growth and idiocy, but I actually slept while you sat in my room waiting for my coma to come to an end! What a patient and forgiving gal. I was the only person outside your family at your small and personal wedding. You showed up at my wedding even though it was a very difficult time in your life. Your family welcomed me to their Thanksgiving feast one year when I was homeless. You have given my son so many outstanding gifts because you know what kids like. Thank you for being a loyal, loving friend despite my sporadic returns of friendship. Happy late birthday. I love you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy birthday Benny! Benny is such a beautiful person. I wish more people in my life knew him. He's a revolutionary thinker, a doer, a seeker of Truth, a hard worker, a lover of all peoples, and a wonderful brother-in-law. Benny, thank you for loving the Lord, my sister, your son, and our whole family. I love you and happy late birthday!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy late birthday, Sara! Please don't feel ripped off. I still love you very much. Sara is quite the character. She loves helping people and has dedicated her career to serving as an oncology nurse. She is a champion for her patients, and even shaves her head each year as part of St. Baldwick's Foundation (I think...) fundraising. A.MAZ.ING. She loves puzzles, games, traveling adventures, history, learning, quilting, pumpkin crunch and goofing off. Laughing comes easily to Sara, and I admire that. Sara, thank you for being brave about the many ups and downs in life. We all have them and I see that you try to learn and make the best of them. Even if it takes time. Thank you for the recent journey you have been through to become better and happier. It takes courage, determination and faith to do what you have chosen to do and I admire your unwavering strength. When Sara makes a decision to do something, she will do it. You go, girl! Sara, that trait could take you on the most transforming adventure of all time, depending on what you set your sights on. "See that ye look to God and live." You are strong, courageous, and very silly at times, and I am so grateful you are my sister-in-law. I love you and happy late birthday.
| My sisters-in law are Gorgeous! |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy birthday, Nate! Last but not least for this GIANT birthday post: Nathan. Nate, thanks for being in our lives and for taking the time to visit our family as often and you Megan have. Thank you for popping in on your way to the airport, to the various conferences and temple trips, and for forgiving us for never coming to you. Thanks for marrying Megan. I adore her. Thanks for giving us another Ondricek grand baby so our kids will have cousins. Cousins rock. Thanks for being so proactively service-oriented. You served my family so much when you were here. Thanks for seeing a need and filling it. Thanks for listening, for talking, and for laughing. Happy birthday, brother-o-mine! I love you!
| I know Nate is not the only one in this picture, but I just had to share it. Isn't it such a beautiful family!!? |


No comments:
Post a Comment