Thursday, April 4

my wretched rach


When someone asks me "who is your best friend?" I usually think of Jesus Christ first. Because He really is my best friend. But then my other answer is "Rachel." This lady.

Living the life of a transient it is hard to keep close friends and be comfortable calling any one my best friend. And I know Rach has many best friends, but for me this lady is the best among my best friends. We've know each other since we were 10. Wow. 18 years now. She knows all the different Amanda's I have to offer and accepts them all. She brings out the best in me and makes me want to uncover the creative and funny in me that I hide after boring adulthood set in. I thank God for my friend Rachel. Thanks for the spontaneous visit from across the country. I miss having you close.

And if Rachel were closer I wouldn't have a panic attack about where to get my hair cut.... ;) I am in need of a new do and could trust this girl to do anything she thought fit without any leads from me. That's how it should be. A girl's stylist should be her good friend. If it doesn't start that way it should become that way. If only it wasn't so expensive to go to my preferred stylist.

oh, and PS.... "wretched" is a childhood nickname I had for her. :) She's actually quite marvelous in reality.

No comments: