Monday, January 10

Welcome "Home"

We've arrived. Here we are in our temporary, corporate housing in Virginia. Some descriptions I've heard from others on our place are "posh" and "slinky." I sure like it. Especially since Jared and the little man are with me.


The progression of our housing is so funny. We lived in ID in a 425 square foot attic with maybe 3 right angles in the whole triangular unit. We thought anything in DC would be a step up. Then we move here for a short while:
2 bedrooms
2 bathrooms
walk-in closets
2 floors
3 televisions! (we've never even had one)
electric fireplace
wide open spaces
balcony deck in the back
full washer & dryer

I know we can't keep up this standard of living out of our own pocket, so after living here for 2 months, we'll "downgrade" again. No matter where our permanent home ends up, I know it will be more comfortable than our beloved attic. No matter: I'm very grateful for each step of this exciting journey.

4 comments:

Kar said...

Wow. Sure beats public housing. How do I get a job with Mitre? Looks like a great set up, Manie. Enjoy it!

JamesnMeagan said...

Looks wonderful!

Adrienne said...

Enjoy every single moment. I loved your crazy ID living situation. It reminded me of the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books somehow.

Scott and Karin said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound! Good luck finding a place!