Well, after researching the MSW programs, I only applied to one. It appeared to be the only good match for my circumstances in life. After months of waiting, I finally heard back from them:
Hello,
The MSW Social Work Admissions Committee has reviewed applications for our Distance MSW program. It was a very competitive process with a large number of excellent applicants in the pool. Unfortunately, your application was not among those the Committee recommended for admissions at this time. Don’t assume this means there was something wrong with your application, it simply means we had too many strong candidates and had to make some difficult choices. You are welcome to re-apply for the next class which will begin in May 2013.
AKA: not this time, but we will gladly take your money next year.
Oh well. I know everything happens for a reason and a purpose. This is not the right time for me or my family. Or maybe this is not the right degree or school at this time. Either way, I am going to be alright with this decision. I am at peace.
This reminds me of these verses in Ecclesiastes chapter 3:
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
For me, right now is a time to heal, build up, embrace, lose and a time of peace.
What time is it for you in your life right now?
3 comments:
Sorry, Amanda! Beautiful scripture passage. Now I'm thinking about what it is time for me to do/feel. :)
Well, I am sorry it was not meant to be but there will be another time... I am so proud of you Amanda!
It must be 'meant to be' because I honestly can't imagnie why you would be rejected. You must have other exciting things in store for you.
Post a Comment