I continue my travel log. . . .
After finishing up my adventures in Idaho and Utah, we flew in to BWI and took a bus to my parents in NYC. The bus ride was terrible because Stuart was really sick. He was miserable. All the people going to NYC were miserable and not friendly. I think it would have been better had they talked to him and distracted him. He loves people.
We went to NYC before Christmas so I could be present for when my sister and her husband attended the temple and received their endowments for the first time. Although Stuart was sick and later I got sick that week, I am so happy I didn't miss going to the temple with my family.
Then, later that week Jared drove up to be with us for Christmas and Krista and Benny's sealing to each other and their gorgeous son!
Every Christmas Eve we have a tradition of opening one gift in the evening. We enjoyed the gifts and beautiful scripture readings and stories from my dad. He told of his trip to Bethlehem and his spiritual experiences in the places where Jesus was born and grew. It was a beautiful evening. Here we are opening our gifts on Christmas Eve:
Jared and the babies. Stuart is so sick and his eyes are red from wiping all the goobers away. :(
Stuart was so happy when his daddy finally joined us. We missed him so much!!
No one was looking at the camera, but I wanted to capture our candle-lit dinner on Christmas. I suggested we do it because I want my family to have this tradition every Easter and Christmas. It makes me think of a simpler time and creates a reverent atmosphere. Jesus was born in a world with only natural lighting. :)
Christmas morning after church! We opened all the presents and Stuart was actually able to participate this year. Although, he was pretty weak and tired. Below he got a puzzle from his aunt and uncle. We love puzzles.
A journal I gave to Krista. It had an inspirational quote or scripture I wrote on every other page.
Benny is SO happy. He liked his Dr. Bonner's castile soap from Krista. We use this soap for EVERYTHING in our house. From scrubbing the tub to washing our hands.
The little boys fighting over the ball Stu got for Christmas.
Such a happy boy! Oh, I adore him!
Stuart loves these blocks and box he got from Aunt Jenn. Thank you!!
Then, a few days after Christmas my dad treated us to a show on Broadway: "What's all this, step in time!!" I LOVED Mary Poppins.
This is dad, Jared, me and Karla (and my mom took the picture) enjoying a day downtown to see the new memorial site at ground zero. I didn't get any great shots of the actual site.
"MAY WE NEVER FORGET"
This one made me laugh. Stuart is trying to fit his butt on the top level of this doll house. He wanted to sit in it.
A visit with my cousin, Tracy, and her family. Thanks for popping in!
And last but not least, the event my whole family gathered for: the temple sealing of Benny, Krista and Camilo!!! Below is the happy family with the missionaries that taught Benny the gospel before he was baptized. They came all the way from Utah!
This is the whole family that was able to make it for the sealing. Everyone except Karla, who had to fly home early. We missed you Karla! Almost my whole family in the temple together. Amazing.

After the sealing, we had a dance party to celebrate, but Stuart was not interested in dancing or celebrating. He went home early to sleep.
This video is from the sealing celebration. It is Krista and Benny's "first dance." They started out dancing to a traditional love song, swaying to the beat. However, they are definitely not a traditional couple, so they surprised us all and busted out with this about 10 seconds into the dance. I missed the beginning, but here is the rest. They made me laugh, and unfortunately I giggled obnoxiousness through the whole thing. :)
Late in the week we opened more gifts with the family members who arrived after Christmas. Jared was enthralled. :)
This gift was extra special. I gave it to the sister behind the frame, Marcia. She had been crying from when she opened it. This little cross-stitched beauty says "Ewes not fat. Ewes fluffy" and has been up in our grandparent's house for decades. It reminds me of them and has been a joke between us sisters whenever we feel fat. At my last visit with grma and grpa Stephenson, grma insisted that we take something to declutter her home before they relocate to a rest home. I took her up on the offer and took this family "heirloom" for the sister that reminded me of it the most. But not because she is fat. ;)
What an eventful month!!! Two first endownments, two sealings, a graduation, travels across the country and time with lots of friends and family. What a blessing to have been there.
2 comments:
This post made me SO SO happy. I teared up/cried a little through the whole thing. I am so happy for Krista, Benny, & Camilo!!! Your Christmas in New York looks amazing. Your family always brings the biggest smile to my face, and I am so happy you got to spend time with everyone. I miss you tons, and seeing all your pictures just makes me want an Amanda hug even more!
Congrats to Krista and her family! And to all of you! That is so exciting to see family together at the temple. The BEST! Love you!
Post a Comment