What an adventure is home ownership!! We have lived here two months and already have cleaned out the air vents, replaced the leaky gas stove, replaced the original moldy windows, and tomorrow we are fixing some wood rot and a hole in the wall. Wow! The hole was featured in a picture of the house a few weeks ago. The previous owners put a TV in it and watched it from the living room. We are patching it up.
 |
| the original metal windows |
 |
| the mold.... eww |
 |
| It is so weird to have giant holes in your house all day |
 |
| the rotted wood |
 |
| The final product with drapery and everything, sans the mold |
Then, on the side as my own project, I am removing part of our counters. I feel like I can slowly REMOVE something successfully better than I could fix or add something without paid help. So, the counter in the kitchen: some previous owner built up on the counter top to create a mini wall between the open living room space and the kitchen. But I hate it and want it gone. Looking at our neighbors' kitchens, the originally intended design is much better. So, I have been using a saw, a flat screwdriver, and a hammer to take this baby down one piece at a time.
 |
| See that pretend wall behind the sink? That's got to go. |
Wish us good luck!
2 comments:
Window looks awesome!! Good luck in the mini-wall.:)
Not to be a bummer, but where will the water go or overflow from the sink if the wall is no longer there? Doesn't it act as a splash guard? I guess I would have to see your neighbor's homes to understand better. Anyway, good luck and can't wait to see pictures of the end result! Wow, you are ambitious. I know how that feels when you want something done! Good luck! Mom
Post a Comment