Saturday, May 12

We're having a baby....

drum roll please.....

A GIRL! 
Yay! Stuart gets a little sister, and Jared and I get a little lady. We are very excited. Now that my family knows, I can tell the interwebs. Stuart was the first person we told, of course.

I have heard this combination of kids called "a rich man's family" because we have to buy stuff for a boy and then all over again for a girl. Lucky us, however, my older sister had a girl first one month before Stu was born and now is having a boy just a couple months before our lady will arrive. So we plan to swap clothes and save money and time. Phew! Heaven knows we are limited on both. 

So, life is good and we feel very lucky to welcome a lady to the O household. God is good. And there were no problems found during the rest of the appointment. She is very active already and a whopping 10 oz! So tiny. Then why is my belly so big already? :) I know, I know. She is not the only thing in there making me expand. Just saying. 


Jared took the day off to go to my appointments with me and we celebrated with a family lunch and nap (and a trip to the DMV). Now that's how it's done.... :)

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Congratulations!!! I am so very excited for you. Do you have a name that you like?

Karyn said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations! SO FUN!!

Amy Jo said...

See, it was meant to be, your little lady and my little lady can be friends.. forever.. just like us. :) I already have it planned. Congrats on the little lady news!!!!