Friday, October 26

sleep deprivation

You know you're sleep deprived when:

  • you got more sleep during finals week than you do now
  • you look in the mirror at the end of the day and see blood shot eyes (that was a first for me!)
  • you go to bed at 9 pm when you usually go to bed at midnight (that's Jared)
  • all day long you are unable to finish sentences you started
  • you fall asleep if you simply stop moving
  • 4 hours in a row is a good night
  • your eye lids weigh 100 pounds each by 7 pm
  • your dreams at night are about how much you wish you were in bed and asleep, even though you already are
  • you weep just because you are waking up in the morning

the lady, modeling my cousin's adorable homemade bows
I have thought of so many other reasons during my last few weeks that evidence I am completely sleep deprived, but as soon as I thought them they were gone. Another example of my sleep deprivation: memory loss. I can hardly concentrate some days. But I am happy to report that this week it is getting better. A bit at a time. Poco a poquito. Here a little, there a little. Line upon line. One day at a time, we are getting more sleep and I feel a little more normal. Like an adult, a person, alive again. This newborn phase will end. It will. And I WILL sleep once again.

No comments: